Chitika

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Love in Disguise


I was at the ocean, drenched with thirst.
Looking for some drops of water,
None, none.
The ocean was empty.
Like the hands of the child whose mother left him in darkness.
I saw a beautiful dame,
wearing a red cloak,
coming towards me,
with a pitcher of water,
Eager as I was, I ran to her.
My legs were weak, and feet sore.
I saw her clearer.
She was love in disguise, and no more beautiful.
The pitcher was empty,
Like the hands of the child whose mother left him in darkness.
She pounced at me, and ate me up,
And I was no more. 

4 comments:

  1. u shud hav been in the mainstream music scene and writing songs fo top bands like linkin park etc...what money u wud hav made..seriously i sometimes wish yahan b koi talent scene hota its all centered in the west :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks Nayyab, I wrote this poem in just half an hour, your compliments really made my day. You are welcome to buy my poetry :D tc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nae really i seriously regret sometimes how backward our country is in the art and entertainment context...anyhow keep writing its good stuff

    ReplyDelete