Chitika

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Best Parenting

Have you ever thought about the best parenting style? I am a parent of two kids, and I have always wondered which parenting style could have the best results: authoritarian, authoritative, permissive, or uninvolved? Authoritarian parents tend to be the strictest, leaving no room for reasoning and objections. They control their children without letting them argue. The drawback is that children do not learn logical reasoning, and may turn rebellious when they grow up. Authoritative parents are a bit lenient in that they do control their kids, but leave room for arguments from kids' side. They let their children reason with them, which teaches them logic. Permissive parents are very lenient, have no rules, and do not care about disciplining their children. They communicate little, and are not very bothersome. The result is that children start taking them for granted. Uninvolved parents are a step ahead of permissive parents, and are totally neglectful of their kids demands.

When I look upon my parenting, I become glad to see that I am an authoritative kind of a mother. I tell my children to do something, and if they have any questions, I let them ask, to which I respond reasonably, along with making them do what I want. This way, they learn that their opinions and arguments are welcomed from my side.

My advice for parents is that they should start communicating with their little ones, and should value whatever they say, while being tolerant to their objections and demands. The little minds need space, which should be granted at all costs. 

4 comments:

  1. after knowing deze diffrnt parenting styles, i guess i will be an uninvolved parent and sometimes i will act as a permissive one.. :) dat way my kids will get to do whatever the hell dey wana do

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, but truly speaking, I at times become uninvolved to the very extent, but most of the time I am authoritative, like MOM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes almost same parenting styles continue from mother to daughter to her daughter and so on...fathers play a little role in all this parenting styles scene...mostly depends on moms

    ReplyDelete