Chitika

Wednesday 16 May 2012

How to Handle Fussy Kids

It is not always very easy for a mum to handle a fussy child. It is, in fact, one of the greatest challenges of motherhood. My younger one, the 3-year-old, fusses over what to wear every day. She has her  own choices, which may be so peculiar that she may choose one specific dress for 7 days a week. She will probe deeper into the laundry basket to take out her favorite piece of clothing, with me yelling at her not to wear that specific dresse that day. She is my mother or I hers, a difficult question. So, I let her what she wants.

My 3 year old princess
Her greatest fuss is over eating. She would stuff her mouth with the food, never intending to chew it or swallow. She can stay for hours keeping the food bite in her mouth. And that is the point I feel like giving her the lesson of her life LOL.

How to handle fussy kids is not easy. They will beat you with their stubbornness, and you will end up having a severe headache. So, my advice is letting them want what they want to have, while keeping your nerves and control over her choices at the same time. You have to be an authoritative parent to do so. You should be able to reason with her, and tell her the goodness or badness of choices she is making, and then leave the decision on her. This is how she will learn to take decisions, make choices, and respect you, and more importantly, herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment